Truck drivers have some of the most physically taxing and stressful jobs in the country. They work longer hours than most, and they are always under pressure to meet all deadlines exactly. Most truck drivers conduct themselves and their vehicles with integrity. However, if you have been injured in a truck accident, there is a good chance you will be entitled to receive financial compensation. If you have sustained injuries in a Delaware truck accident, here are some of the questions you may have:
What are the primary types of truck accidents?
- Wide turn accidents: These are also sometimes referred to as “swinging turn” crashes. They will happen when a truck driver swings left to make a right turn. Very often, a truck will collide with cars to its right.
- Rear-end crashes: Due to a truck’s substantial weight, a rear-end accident may cause serious injuries or property damages.
- Blindspot accidents: Trucks will very often have massive blind spots, causing the truck driver to not see other vehicles while changing lanes. When this happens, it puts adjacent vehicles in danger of being struck or forced off the road.
- Rollover accidents: These will happen if a truck takes a turn at too high of a speed. Rollover accidents are among the most common with truck drivers.
- Jackknife collisions: A jackknife collision is when the trailer is swinging independently of the cab, with both sections of the tractor-trailer moving in opposite directions.
- Head-on collisions: If you have been injured in a head-on collision due to a trucker driving in the wrong lane, there is a very good chance you will be entitled to financial compensation.
How may I recover compensation following a Delaware truck accident?
If you have been injured due to a truck driver or truck employer’s negligence, you will most likely be entitled to recover compensation. However, truck and insurance companies will not make it easy. They will most likely hire an expert legal team to combat any claims against them, so it is important you hire an experienced attorney who will fight for the compensation you deserve. It may also help prove your claim if you can provide video footage of the accident, witness testimony, or even medical documentation regarding the extent of the injuries you have sustained.
Contact our experienced Delaware firm
If you or someone you know was involved in a personal injury accident and wishes to speak with a skilled attorney, contact Mattleman, Weinroth & Miller, P.C. today.
MW&M is comprised of an experienced team of attorneys focusing on legal matters of personal injury, workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability, product liability, and wrongful death in Delaware. If you require an effective attorney to guide you through these difficult legal matters, contact MW&M today to schedule a free case evaluation.