Defective Product Attorneys in Newark, DE
Companies who wish to manufacture or sell products to consumers have a responsibility to make sure the products they release are safe for consumer use. When an individual is injured by a defective or otherwise dangerous product, they are legally permitted to pursue justice. It is essential for an injured party to retain the services of an experienced product liability attorney who can gather the necessary evidence and work with experts in the field to determine what exactly was defective and who is to blame. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to a defective product, the attorneys at MW&M are ready to take on your case. If you need effective and dedicated legal representation, contact MW&M today to schedule a consultation.
Types of Product Liability Cases in Delaware
There are many different types of product liability cases. Therefore, these legal matters are often quite complex and require the skill of an experienced attorney. The three main categories that a defective product case can fall into include the following:
- Design defects: If an individual who was responsible for the design of the product failed to account for safety when creating the design, consumers can become injured. Design defect cases are complicated because they require the injured party to prove that there is a safer, equally economically feasible way to design the product that still can be used as it was intended.
- Manufacturer defects: When the design of a product is completely safe but a manufacturer fails to follow the exact design, consumers can become seriously injured. For a successful manufacturer defect case, the injured party will have to fulfill the burden of proving that the manufacturer deviated from the approved design plan.
- Failure to warn: If a product is used in a way that it was not intended to be used, a consumer can become injured. Consumers rely on warning labels to keep them safe from the misuse of a product. The defendant may be held liable if the injured party can prove that there was a failure to adequately warn of potential dangers from misusing the product and it caused serious injury.
Examples of Defective Products
When an individual is injured as a result of a defective product, it is essential that they retain the services of an experienced injury attorney. Some of the most frequently-seen defective product cases our firm handles include:
- Dangerous household goods
- Defective automobile parts
- Defective medical devices
- Improper labeling of food products
- Unsafe exercise or recreational equipment
- Defective machinery in the workplace
- Harmful drugs
- Dangerous children’s toys and products
Contact a Delaware Product Liability Attorney
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a defective product in Delaware, our firm is here to help. MW&M has years of experience fighting on the behalf of clients who have suffered serious injuries due to a defective product. Our attorneys have the skill necessary to hold the company accountable and stop them from causing harm to any more consumers. If you need an experienced product liability attorney, contact MW&M today to schedule a consultation.